Monday, October 25, 2010

Something Creative...

I play Battletech.

It's a tabletop RPG that me and a group of guys play on most saturday afternoons.  The game is played with little pewter mechs that are moved around a hex board.

These pewter minis are a source of pride for us players; particularly their paint schemes.  We all paint our own, and we come up with various techniques to paint them.  Some players paint each panel separately; this is what I did with this mech.




However, this week I tried something totally different.  Experimenting.  Believe it or not, I dipped the minis in minwax after painting them.  Yes minwax.  The stain seeps into the crevices between the panels and helps give them definition.  After a coat of matte finish, the paint scheme looked awesome.  I did it on a full "lance," or group of four mechs.
Here's a crappy "I-took-this-with-my-cell-phone-because-someone-stole-my-digital-camera" pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment