Monday, November 29, 2010

11:50 Monday Morning

"Pressure" is what Zach's inspiration for me boils down to.

I don't typically procrastinate in my work.
I usually wait to submit my work until the last minute, but I prefer to DO the work a few days ahead of time.

I know we aren't supposed to do things just for the sake of the grade, but this time, I decided to use that as a method of applying pressure to myself.

Typically the things that keeps me from my work are movies and video games.  So, this morning, I sat down at 11:00 in front of the first gears of war (I just got it) and determined to beat the first level on "hardcore" and afterwards (and only afterwards) write a blog post about how it went.

Experimenting by using unmodified dogma.  Weird.

Anyway, this game has a seriously steep learning curve if you don't play it on "casual" first.  This was actually a bit frustrating, given the time constraints that I had set upon myself (have to turn in blog post link by noon).  I kept dying and not knowing why or how to keep it from happening again.

Eventually I beat what I believe counts as the first level (it's not really divided up much into levels, I don't think...)

Now I'm freaking out trying to figure out how to say what I want to as concisely as possible.

11:58

clarity and conciseness do not come when you're under serious time restrictions.  This is a worthwhile observation, I suppose.

11:59.

And with that observation, I consider this experiment a success.  Followup post to come.
maybe.
after more Gears.

~TomBob

No comments:

Post a Comment