Monday, November 29, 2010

Oops. Inspiration posted late.

I sent this to Jacob, but forgot to post it here.






I find this inspiring.

Not that it's aesthetically pleasing, but that it's ingenious.

As you probably know, film equipment is hideously expensive.  Basically as soon as you add the word "film" to the beginning of a product name, it AT THE VERY LEAST quadruples in price.

So this hoses someone like me, who is flat broke.

But once I started looking at this and another post by the same guy about how to do the same thing with light stands, I began to see a myriad of other ways to build my own equipment that would otherwise be outrageously expensive.

So far I have an eye loupe and am working on a matte box.

These are incredibly creative things, and also very practical.  People forget about practical creativity sometimes.

Original article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment